I finally got my sound studio set up…

Status

I finally got my sound studio set up in our attic, and while it certainly isn’t soundproofed it seems to be good enough to get some samples created. This evening I created a children’s book sample.

ACX has strict requirements for their audio files – must be 192 kbps .MP3 format with a constant bitrate, 44.1 kHz, and the audio has to fall between -23 and -18 decibels, among other things. Figuring out how to produce the audio to meet their requirements has been half the battle. The other half has been figuring out how to record audio without smacking my lips, swallowing loudly, breathing into the mic, and generally destroying my work by being human. I’m sure practice will make perfect, so I’ll plan on producing some additional samples this week.

Advertisements